Sunday 17 November 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #43





Hello Everyone and welcome to this week's eight sentences. I am sharing 'Patrick's Pendant' for the final time this week and continuing more or less straight from last week, enjoy!:


My Eight.

Katie jolted suddenly and opened her eyes dropping the chain to the ground. She blushed, though there was no-one to see her. Inexplicably she sat underneath the tree on the carpet of leaves, some of which continued their dancing circle around her.
Leaning forward she picked up the chain once more and felt its determined pull on her mind as she stared hard at the delicate etching on one side and the smooth silver on the other. It grew warm to her touch and the chain seemed to sparkle as it snaked between her fingers. Her ears pulsated with the thump of her heightened heart beat and her mouth grew dry.
Cautiously Katie closed her eyes.
Oh how her body tingled! 

*********

Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to post them.
To visit the other fabulous authors taking part today simply click on the link below:





17 comments:

  1. Lovely descriptions here, Gemma. And a magical chain. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what is happening here? Very intriguing. Nicely don.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful imagery, Gemma. I'm loving this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing 8...wonderful imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the description, I could really visualize what was happening with that chain. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is so special about the pendant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me very curious about the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may just be me--or all the book covers framing this excerpt, but 'how her body tingled' doesn't make me think of pendant-inspired visions, it makes me think of man-inspired thoughts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a sparkly chain that makes me tingle : ) I could visualize this whole scene : ) Great eight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a tantalizing snippet with so much promise! I'm dying to know what happens, and I love how you describe the pendant's pull!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Intriguing snippet. I'm curious about the chain that tingles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauitful interweaving of fantasy with realistic details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A magical chain? How interesting! I assume it will lead her to Patrick? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great description. I would really like one of those chains! Great eight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how the chain seems to be talking to her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! Love the visceral responses! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great description there.

    ReplyDelete