Sunday 3 November 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #41


 
 
Hello and welcome to the first Sunday in November! EEk! 
I am sharing 8 more sentences from 'Patrick's Pendant' my anthology inclusion in Yellow Silk Dreams 'Enchanted'.

SET UP
I have moved forward with this story and we are now on the following day. Katie realises that she is without her mobile phone and, thinking she may have dropped it in the panic of the night before, goes back to search for it, alone of course!


MY EIGHT

Katie pushed the undergrowth back with her boots. Bending down she picked up a large twig and began using it to poke at the fronds and pine needles on the spinney floor.
Something glistened under a small shrub and she reached forward to pick it up. It was a silver chain with a pendant attached, soiled from the damp leaves and muddied. She turned it over in her palm. There was an inscription in the centre.
‘Patrick’.
 Katie traced the name, rubbing away the mud with a careful finger.
A sharp gust of wind caught her neck and she turned suddenly. On the floor around her feet the leaves swirled and danced reminding her of the previous night’s events.
*********************

Thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment, I really appreciate it!
To visit the other amazing authors taking part today, please click on the link below:

Weekend Writing Warriors

https://ganxy.com/i/82295/jacqueline-george-gemma-parkes-jocelyn-modo-cindy-jacks/enchanted

Buy Link:

Yellow Silk Dreams
or Click the book cover!

18 comments:

  1. How mysterious. I'm loving the rich writing. More. I need more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! This was just awesome. I felt like I was digging in the underbrush too and got a chill when the leaves startled to move around her. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, so who is this Patrick person, anyway? I'm loving the mystery. Great eight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick is gonna be a stunner : ) I'm with Lauren, I totally felt like I was right there with her, excellent eight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, very cool excerpt! I got drawn right into the scene with your heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I need to know what happened with Patrick! Great eight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's brave to go back out. I'm scared reading the snippets. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the mysterious pendent ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the snippet. Great way to draw us in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely description--can feel the wind like a cold breath on the back of your neck. Spooky, but not terrifying--yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I have chills. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent detail. I like the swirling leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really getting worried for her. Loving the tension of the description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, so the swirling leaves means something in that area if it's doing it again, and now the necklace? You know I love a mystery. :) It all means something. Looking forward to next week!
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great imagery here, Gemma. And so many questions! lol. Anything else inscribed on that pendant? :-) Good eight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An intriguing eight there.

    ReplyDelete